Fri, Jul 14|
Los Angeles, CA
CYP Encounter Los Angeles
A weekend of soulfulness and connection with fellow young Jewish professionals from across the West Coast.
Time & Location
Jul 14, 1:30 PM – Jul 16, 1:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA, 1627 S La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
About the Encounter
Looking for a break from the daily grind?
Experience an unforgettable Shabbat weekend in Los Angeles, home to one of the world’s largest Jewish communities, where young Jewish professionals from all over the West Coast will gather. Including San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Oakland, Orange County, Los Angeles & Las Vegas, joining for this special Shabbat weekend in Los Angeles.
Join us for scenic hikes, exquisite kosher dining, a catered Shabbat dinner, inspiring speakers and group discussions, in the vibrant Pico Robertson Jewish community.
Limited space available. Don't miss out!
Early Bird: $120
Week of price: $149
Included in your reservation:
- All meals.
- Full programming, classes, group discussions, and social mixes from Friday afternoon - Sunday morning.
- Accommodations at family homes within the warm Jewish community of Pico Robertson.
Important: Sign ups after July 10th will not include accommodations.
Schedule outline: (details subject to change)
- 1:30 PM: Pizza in Venice Beach (address will be emailed to you)
- 3:00 PM: Ice breaker and boardwalk tour
- 5:00 PM: Get Ready for Shabbat at your host's house
- 6:20 PM: Kabbalat Shabbat at SOLA Chabad
- 7:00 PM: Kiddush and Social Cocktail Hour
- 8:00 PM: Young Professionals Shabbat Dinner & Mingle
- 9:30 AM: Class on the Art of Jewish Prayer
- 10:30 AM: Prayer (optional)
- 12:00 PM: Kiddush and Shabbat Lunch Experience (Food + Drinks included)
- 2:00 PM: Free time/Rest with an optional walk to Roxbury Park & Rodeo Drive
- 5:30 PM: "Who Am I and What Am I Looking For?"
- 6:30 PM: Dinner with David Sacks!
- 10:00 PM: Special post-Shabbat Program
- 10:00 AM: Breakfast
- 11:00 to 2:30: Malibu Trip & Restaurant
Where will I stay?
- As part of the Shabbat experience, comfortable accommodations will be provided by local families.
What meals are provided?
- Friday: Snacks for the drive, lunch at an epic restaurant, fully catered Shabbat dinner.
- Saturday: Light breakfast, delicious catered lunch and dinner, snacks throughout the day.
- Sunday: Gourmet brunch and snacks for the drive back.
I live in Los Angeles and can't join the entire weekend?
- Shabbaton ticket available, excluding restaurant Friday and Sunday brunch at Runyon Canyon & Malibu.
This ticket includes the full Encounter.
This ticket includes the Happy Hour until after Shabbat. It does NOT include accommodations.
Friday Night only
This ticket includes: 1. The Friday night Happy hour 2. Friday night Dinner 3. The post meal Farbrengen
This ticket includes the full encounter plus transportation from NorCal. Please be in touch with your CYP Rabbi regarding time and location of departure and return.
Friday afternoon Happy hour
+$0.90 service fee
This ticket includes the Friday afternoon happy hour only.
+$0.90 service fee0